Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Moon: Sydney, Adelaide, New York



You can't go anywhere without the moon.  It follows you whenever you travel, so that you always have a souvenir of home.  Wherever we are it shines on us.  It connects us all.  
And it couldn't care less about us.  
Despite its remoteness, it is always well groomed and indeed a scene stealer. Here are a few moons I've collected over the years.  


A partial eclipse

A bite taken out of the full moon
Mood shot
I love this one: it is so chocolate box

More of the same: you can't waste a pale pink sky with TV aerials

As it rises further, it is no longer an orange, more a cheesecake

Last pink sky, I promise
Light show on the Sydney Opera House sails - with an upstaged moon

Sydney Opera House sails - new pattern

Swirls

The moon, aloft, aloof...

A low key outfit for the Opera House sails


The moon in veiled attendance to Adelaide's light show

The moon caught up in the action
Red moon over New York (you've seen this in my New York post, but I had to include it in my moon-themed post)

No comments: