Thursday, June 23, 2011

Iguassu Falls (Brazil)

Wednesday 11 May 2011
Time 0900
QF6034
Buenos Aires - Iguassu Falls
Flight time 1hr 50 minutes
No time change


Bus transfer to Iguassu Falls, then I am up up and away in the helicopter.







Only as we take off do I see there is no floor!





Proof I was there: I can produce that very shoe

This is a most thrilling walkway over tons of water thundering to the falls' edge. 

This rainbow followed me as I walked along the walkway.  Conclusion: I was the pot of gold

Bird's eye view of boats on the river

These butterflies were everywhere, and so tame.  They wanted to come home with me.























Photo below:  Computer translation:  Sign in Spanish with English subtitles.
And speaking of translation:  at dinner in a Buenos Aires restaurant the menu offered tomoto soup with embezzled egg.  When we asked the waiter what was an 'embezzled egg', we were told it was a poached egg.  'Poached'.  Got it?  Stolen.  Embezzled.  





Computer translating Spanish to English.

1 comment:

sharyn said...

Lovely!!!
Sharyn